Habagat: The Aftermath

It's the third day since the wrath of the habagat and I am still at home. I am still unable to go to work since it is still flooded in ...

It's the third day since the wrath of the habagat and I am still at home. I am still unable to go to work since it is still flooded in our area. Just to let you know, we live in Pasig City and just yesterday, was declared under state of calamity. Imagine our relief when we saw Mr. Sun shining down on us today.

I went out this afternoon to check on the situation and to actually work on my game plan when I go to work tomorrow. The flood only reached our village gate and was already knee deep. The areas surrounding us were either waist deep or chest deep.

The only means of transportation to reach the jeep/tricycle/FX terminal is via makeshift boats which cost Php 50/person (that's what you call business). We felt like we were living in an island. And this we have to experience everyday until the water subsides. But we were still somehow lucky that the flood did not reach our house.

Village Gate

See the makeshift boats?

Pasig City Hall

As I am ending this entry, I begin to hear thunders again. I hope it wont rain hard anymore. There are lots of families in the same situation as we are and if not, even worse than this. Please continue to pray for the people who are affected by the flood and for the rescuers as well.

By the way, if you know any place/company where we could volunteer for relief operation, kindly let us know.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Yikes! Really scary. Hope the floods are gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, that is scary!!!Hope you guys are ok now. We didn't have much rains as you guys did last week (I am from Baguio by the way) but we still have to see the sun :( http://thelumpyspaceprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so unbelievable how Habagat turn most places here in the Philippines into a waterworld..it was really like Ondoy. Here at Vista Verde cainta lagpas tao lucky are those with 2nd floors. Hope you and youre family's okay sis during those Habagat times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope and pray nothing like it ever happens again...blessed day to you...:-)

    ReplyDelete