RIP Secretary Jesse Robredo

We were in the mall that Saturday and when I checked my Facebook feed, there were request for prayers for Sec. Robredo. I immediately check...

We were in the mall that Saturday and when I checked my Facebook feed, there were request for prayers for Sec. Robredo. I immediately checked the news online and I was shocked that his plane crashed in the sea of Masbate bound to Naga City from Cebu. It was said that he was rushing to go home to be able to attend his daughter's swimming competition.

Just so you know, I finished college in Naga City and he was the current mayor at that time. We also live in the same barangay. In the morning, you would often see him riding his bike and flashing his smile to anyone who would call his attention. You could also see him collecting the garbage once a week, cleaning canals and helping his neighbors clear up the mud after the flood.

And every September, during the Traslacion and Fluvial Procession, you would see him in shorts and T-shirt, walking bare footed in the streets of Naga City to show his devotion to Ina, Our Lady of Penafrancia.

I would like to share with you some photos I saw on Facebook posted by ordinary people who once had an encounter with him. I hope through these pictures you will know how simple and down to earth this man is.

[Photos from Facebook]





Dios Mabalos po, Sec. Jesse Robredo.


You Might Also Like

0 comments