Dolor's Sapin Sapin

When I was younger, I remember my lola would often bring home kakanin or Filipino native delicacies after her Sunday service in the church....

When I was younger, I remember my lola would often bring home kakanin or Filipino native delicacies after her Sunday service in the church. And up until now, I still love eating kakanin.

While strolling in Market! Market!, I passed by a stall selling different kinds of kakanin. There were lots to choose from: puto, suman, kutsinta, pichi-pichi, cassava cake and lots more. For that day, I decided to buy Dolor's sapin sapin.

Sapin sapin is made of layered rice flour mixed with coconut milk, food coloring, milk, sugar and sprinkled with toasted sweetened coconut on top. What is special about Dolor's Sapin Sapin is that it consist of different kinds of kakanin.

My favorite part of the sapin sapin is the ube part (purple portion). The other parts of the sapin sapin are:

  • Sapin sapin (white portion on the side)
  • Kutsinta (red portion)
  • Biko (brown portion in the middle)
  • Cassava (white portion in the middle)
  • Mais (yellow portion)
 
This is also available in the stalls in SM Supermarkets on weekends. Grab some now. This is definitely worth a try!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. my fave sapin-sapin!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paborito ko to!! I miss this. The least of my favorite on this plate is biko :D unless it's stand alone with latik!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not the authentic sapin-sapin for me.


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. true, this isn't an authentic sapin-sapin but it's not too bad. i still like it :)

    ReplyDelete