Learning How: Cooking Carioca

I admit! I am not fond of cooking or being in the kitchen. Between Beij and I, it is her who loves being in the kitchen: cooking, making de...

I admit! I am not fond of cooking or being in the kitchen. Between Beij and I, it is her who loves being in the kitchen: cooking, making desserts or just experimenting on new dishes. But there are times I'd be in the mood to learn how to cook. I would sometimes look up recipes online or ask relatives how to cook a certain dish.

Last weekend, I was in the mood to make an afternoon snack which we can enjoy after doing all the household chores that day. I thought of making palitaw or carioca. Beij wanted carioca so carioca it is!

INGREDIENTS:
  • Glutinous rice flour (bought this in the grocery)
  • Water
  • Sugar (used brown sugar)
  • Coconut milk
  • Cooking oil (for frying) 

PROCEDURE:
  • Mix together the glutinous rice flour and water until you form a dough. Tip: For every cup of flour, add half cup of water.
  • Scoop a small amount of the mixture and shape into balls. I slightly flattened mine for easier cooking.
  • Heat the cooking oil and fry the balls until light to medium brown. Set aside.
  • For the sugar coating, put together the sugar and coconut milk. Bring to boil until the mixture thickens.
  • Turn off heat and coat each carioca until all are done.
  • Serve. Skewer if desired.


You Might Also Like

0 comments