On the Road to the North

And I'm back! Its been more than a year already and still I haven't written about our Ilocos trip. I have been occupied by a lot of...

And I'm back! Its been more than a year already and still I haven't written about our Ilocos trip. I have been occupied by a lot of things and haven't had the time to blog.

To start off, we traveled to Ilocos via Partas (Php 757/person during that time). It was a 14 hour trip but it didn't matter because I was asleep almost all the time (Hehehe..). For this trip, we decided to avail of the tour package offered by A&A Express Travel and Tours. Our package included 3D/2N accommodation in Java Hotel, 1N accommodation in UKL Ever Hotel (we stayed here on our first night since we will be arriving from Manila at night), daily hotel breakfast, Laoag-Vigan-Pagudpud tour in an air conditioned van, airport transfer, sand boarding experience in La Paz Sand Dunes, entrance fees and permits.

On our way, the bus had to stop at different stations and vendors would go up the bus selling delicacies famous in the province we are currently at. Of course, we had try them! In Bulacan, we bought Chicharon or deep fried pork rinds. In Pangasinan, we bought Tupig. It's a native delicacy made of ground glutinous rice, coconut milk and coconut strips, wrapped in banana leaves and cooked over charcoal.

Tupig from Pangasinan

Another delicacy we had on our way to Ilocos is Candon calamay. This I love! I can finish 2 packs in one seating! It's actually made of ground glutinous rice, coconut milk and brown sugar.

Calamay from Candon

I will be sharing more of our Ilocos trip in my next posts. Hope to see you again!

You Might Also Like

0 comments