Sinait Church: Sanctuary of the Miraculous Statue of the Black Nazarene

At last, after two years of being on hiatus, I welcome myself back to blogging. I have a lot of catching up to do since a lot has happened ...

At last, after two years of being on hiatus, I welcome myself back to blogging. I have a lot of catching up to do since a lot has happened while I was on hiatus. And I cant wait to share it with you..

But first, let me continue with my Ilocos travel series. I know this has been long overdue but will still share it anyway.

After we visited Juan Luna's Shrine, we traveled all the way to Ilocos Sur for the southern part of our tour. On our way, we passed by the Sinait Church or Sto. Cristo Milagroso Church which is home to the life-sized Black Crucified Christ or also known as "Apo Lakay" to the locals. Stories say it was seen floating in the sea from Japan until was found by local fishermen at the shores of Sinait.



We actually did not stay long since we still have lots of places to visit. Note that travel time from Laoag to Vigan is about 2 hours and we were already pressed for time.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Welcome back to blogging, Shashi! I love Ilocos and it remains to be one of my favorite places. Can't wait to read more about your travels.

    ReplyDelete