Baluarte

Any one close to me knows that zoo is one of my happy place. So imagine my excitement when I learned that there is a zoo included in our it...

Any one close to me knows that zoo is one of my happy place. So imagine my excitement when I learned that there is a zoo included in our itinerary.
 
Baluarte
 
Baluarte is owned by former Ilocos Sur Governor Chavit Singson. He opened the zoo to the public as a gift to his people. It houses the Governor's private collection of animals. It is not your regular zoo wherein you could see animals in cages. Some are just freely roaming around the property like this pony.

Pony

Baluarte is something like an interactive zoo wherein you could feed the animals, pet them and can even ride some of them. See the kids riding the "tiburin" or horse-drawn carriage below.

Tiburin

But what amazed me really is the Governors large collection of tigers. I think I saw more than 10 of them. Some where located near the entrance and some where at the far end of the property. We even went near the cages that I think were off limits to visitors already (Sorry po. I was just so curious). Imagine feeding and caring for these big cats everyday.

Tiger's Den

There are more to see and do in Baluarte. There's deers, horses, camels, goat, peacocks and even a butterfly garden. There is also an animal show but too bad we arrived after the last show.

Butterflies found inside the garden

The zoo is open everyday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. It is located in Brgy Salindag, Vigan City. And the good thing about this is that entrance is FREE. Yes, you read it right! There are no entrance fee to enter.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm not fond of zoos pero nung nagkaanak ako, hindi ko na mabilang ang zoos na napuntahan namin. :) We've been here too when went to Ilocos few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sana mapuntahan ko din yung ibang zoos here in the Philippines :)

      Delete